#ATAction success on the Hill
National Telehealth Lobby Day was a success! Telehealth stakeholders met with 26 U.S. Senators and 40 Representatives asking them to support legislation that improves access to care for all patients using telehealth.
Speakers Rose Baumann, Principal, Kountoupes Denham and Martha Kendrick, Partner, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP advised attendees on the tips and tricks that will help them in their meetings with Congressional members and staff later that day.
Attendees also received the Telehealth Advocacy pamphlet summarizing current telehealth legislation in the U.S. and a report card comparing the top-graded Medicaid states to their shockingly low Medicare grades.
Those unable to attend the lobby day participated virtually by sharing their support on social media using #ATAction and tagging a Congressional member’s username to join the effort to increase access to telehealth services and coverage.
Use the hashtag #ATAction to be a part of the conversation and find your members of Congress on Twitter with this list of usernames or search them on Facebook. We came up with a few sample tweets to get you started on your messaging:
- Support HR 2066 & HR 2948 to expand telehealth coverage to Medicare patients living in urban areas #ATAction
- Half of Medicare's funds are spent on just 15% of patients with chronic conditions. Support HR 2066 & HR 2948 #ATAction
- Co-sponsor HR 2066 to support broadband connectivity for all to enable nationwide telehealth #ATAction
- #Telehealth IS health care - stop denying Medicare patients coverage. Repeal 1834m & co-sponsor HR 2066 & HR 2948 #ATAction
- Support Veterans & Medicare patient choice by co-sponsoring S 1778, HR 3081 & HR 2516 #ATAction
- ALL Medicare patients deserve easy access to quality health care. Support #telehealth for all #ATAction
- Sample Facebook post: I just contacted my members of Congress urging them to improve Medicare patients’ access to quality care with telehealth. Join me by writing to your members of Congress today! #ATAction
ATA is on a mission to fully integrate telemedicine into the health care system to improve the quality, access, equity and affordability of health care throughout the world and we need your help to do it. Join us in tackling telemedicine, telehealth and mHealth industry issues by using #ATAction and following us at @AmericanTelemed