FCC Integration of Telehealth
Ensure a digital infrastructure as telehealth expands
To maximize the value of telehealth, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) should:
- Extend the availability, capacity, and quality of broadband infrastructure, to the maximum extent
- Encourage a nationwide grid with Federal support of network bridging between and among the hundreds of telemedicine networks in the U.S. to expand the reach of healthcare services and improve care management.
- Foster the development and deployment of 5G wireless connectivity.
- Update the Rural Health Program so that all rural Medicare and Medicaid telehealth sites are eligible for discounted rates.
- Use the Lifeline program for essential communications services, including broadband.