How Health Systems Can Use Virtual Visits to Tackle the Opioid Crisis
In 2018, more than 10.3 million people misused prescription opioids. Oftentimes, these people ended up in the emergency department (ED), however not all EDs are equipped to effectively and efficiently treat individuals suffering from addiction due to a lack of dedicated behavioral health and addiction providers. In fact, only 17% of emergency physicians reported having a psychiatrist on call to respond to psychiatric emergencies.
In this webinar, Netsmart, a healthcare IT company that designs, builds and delivers electronic health records (EHRs), will discuss its integrated approach to treating opioid addiction using virtual visits. Netsmart will be joined by its client, AltaPointe Health, the largest behavioral health provider in Alabama, who will discuss how it uses digital health to deliver better opioid treatment to ED patients.
Join the webinar to learn how virtual care:
• Provides EDs with better access to addiction specialists
• Allows remote providers to use medication-assisted treatments (MAT) in the ED
• Helps health systems meet the payment of value-based care for opioid addiction
• Helped one health system reduce ED wait times from 24-72 hours to 28 minutes, achieving a 33% reduction in costs for consumers
- AJ Peterson – Vice President & General Manager – Netsmart
- Sandra Parker, MD – Chief Medical Officer – AltaPointe Health