Message from the CEO: ATA Announces New President-Elect, Board Members
Dear ATA Members,
As you know, we announced that Joe Kvedar, MD was unanimously approved as President-elect of the ATA. The response from members and the broader tele/virtual/digital community could not have been more positive. We’re delighted that Joe has agreed to serve another term (he was President of the ATA in 2004-2005) and I personally look forward to working with him. Joe will succeed John Glaser at ATA20 (May 3 – 5, 2020 in Phoenix).
In addition, the Board approved these slates:
- For officers of the ATA, the Board approved Grant Chamberlin, Ziegler as treasurer and Deanna Larson, Avera as secretary.
- Named for a second term were Bernie Elliott, MD, United Health Group, Bart Demaerschalk, MD, Mayo and Christopher Northam, HCA Health.
- New Board members: Joe DeVivo, Intouch, Andrea Gelzer, MD, AmeriHealth Caritas and Yasmine Winkler, managed care executive most recently at United Health Group.
And as a reminder, current board members include:
- John Glaser, President, Cerner
- Andrew Watson, MD, immediate past President, UPMC
- Beth Bierbower, Humana
- Tylan Bozkurt, Burn and Reconstructive Centers of America
- Robin Glasco, Bambu Health
- Randy Moore, MD, Franciscan Alliance
- Laurie Poole, Ontario Telehealth Network
If you would like the Nominating Committee to consider additional new Board members, please send me their names, background information and reasons that you think they should be on the Board. These suggestions should be sent to me by August 30.
I’m thrilled to work with a board that is diverse and representative of all the different players in our exciting work in telehealth and at the ATA. Please feel free to contact me directly at email@example.com should you have questions.