CHQI Webinar: Telemedicine Accreditation as a Catalyst for Improving Clinical, Operational, and Patient Outcomes
ClearHealth Quality Institute Webinar to Examine Telemedicine Accreditation
as a Catalyst for Improving Population Health Outcomes
Panelists Will Discuss the History of Telemedicine Accreditation, the Process for Standards Development, and the Benefits of Telemedicine Accreditation
Annapolis, MD / May 15, 2018 – ClearHealth Quality InstituteTM (CHQI), an independent health care accrediting body, will hold a complimentary webinar on May 17, 2018 at 1:00 p.m. EDT titled, “Quality Matters: Telemedicine Accreditation as a Catalyst for Improving Clinical, Operational, and Patient Outcomes”.
The CHQI Telemedicine Accreditation Program (TAP), developed in partnership with the American Telemedicine Association, offers a comprehensive framework for evaluating the safety, efficacy, and quality of telemedicine services and programs.
In this webinar, several CHQI Telemedicine Standards Committee Members will discuss “use cases” and best practices that helped inform the development of the new Telemedicine Accreditation Program Standards and Guide, v 2. The panelists also will discuss the current CHQI requirements for measuring outcomes and the opportunity to develop the next generation of CHQI outcomes-focused standards in conjunction with the recent National Quality Forum recommendations.
- Til Jolly, MD, Chief Medical Officer, SOC Telemed
- Kevin Smith, Chief Medical Information Officer, Zipnosis
- Emily Wein, Esq., Baker Donelson Shareholder
- Bill Lewis, MD, Principal, WellMedCare, CHQI Telemedicine Standards Committee Co-Chair
- Moderator: Rich Bakalar, MD, FATA, VP and Chief Strategy Officer, ViTel Net, ATA Past President, CHQI Advisory Board of Directors
CHQI’s one-hour webinars bring together recognized experts for virtual sessions on a variety of telemedicine-related topics. All webinars will take place from 1 – 2 p.m. EDT.
- (June 13, 2018) Accreditation: Developing a Blueprint for the Future Assessment and Evaluation of Telemedicine Quality – Panelists will examine the need for outcomes-based measures that focus on patient health, the balance between being overly prescriptive and asking for the right information from all providers, and the importance of using outcomes data to shape public policy and standardize quality practices on a national level.
- (July 18, 2018) Utilizing Telemedicine in the War on Opioid Abuse – The panel will explore the need to coordinate intervention and treatment efforts at all levels, describe many of the existing and emerging treatments available to providers and patients, and discuss how telemedicine can be used to scale critical resources for those in the greatest need.
The recently launched CHQI Telemedicine Accreditation Program (TAP) is the only telemedicine accreditation program recognized by the American Telemedicine Association (ATA). The program is now accepting applicants and the TAP Standards and Guide, version 2.0 is now available at www.CHQI.com.
CHQI educational sessions can also be customized to meet the unique needs of any organization. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (410) 756-1300.
About ClearHealth Quality Institute™ (CHQI)
ClearHealth Quality Institute’s (CHQI) mission is to promote quality-based practices for health plans, providers and other stakeholders across the United States and its territories. Our accreditation and certification programs help assess, track and report on trends to enhance key insurance and provider outcomes. CHQI also offers educational programs, publishes issue briefs and underwrites research to raise awareness of patient safety issues and promote best practices. The organization is governed by an independent board and committee system, which is open to a wide range of volunteer members to ensure transparency and accountability. CHQI provides resources to serve patients, providers, payers, government agencies, and other stakeholder groups. To learn more about CHQI, please contact us at (410) 756-1300, info@CHQI.com, or visit www.CHQI.com.