ATA2021 Fireside Chat Series: Experts Discuss Telehealth In Retail Disruption, Healing Broken Health Systems, Health Equity and Bias
25th Annual American Telemedicine Association (Virtual) Conference and Expo, Tuesdays/Thursdays in June
WASHINGTON, DC, MAY 6, 2021 – The American Telemedicine Association (ATA) today announced the lineup of hot topics and industry trailblazers in the ATA2021 Fireside Chat Series, addressing the role of telehealth in retail disruption, healing broken health systems, solving the needs of underserved communities, and solving bias with artificial intelligence (AI). ATA2021 Annual Conference and Expo is taking place virtually each Tuesday and Thursday in June 2021 (11am-2pm EST). Now in its 25th year, ATA2021 is the world’s largest telehealth innovation event.
The Next Wave of Retail Disruption (June 17, 1:40-2:10pm EST) explores what’s next in retail disruption, what this means for healthcare, and the mindsets of leadership to reimagine this next turn. Moderated by Alex Drane, who believes retail is the front line of health, you’ll also hear from:
- Deborah DiSanzo, President, Best Buy Health, recognized thought leader in artificial intelligence and big data, with experience in running businesses known for their innovation in health care
- Marcus Osborne, Senior VP, Walmart Health, focused on providing quality healthcare that is both affordable and accessible for consumers and payers
- Shez Partovi, Chief Innovation & Strategy Officer, Royal Philips, an experienced clinical professor, neuroradiologist, global executive and entrepreneur with a track record of leading large health systems, cloud transformation and AI and machine learning in healthcare, life sciences and genomics
2021: The Year Broken Health Care Systems Begin the Healing Process (June 22, 11:10am-11:30am EST) features insights from some of the largest health systems on distributed care for access and convenience, navigation and personalization, scalable behavioral health, and underserved communities. Hear from:
- Sara Vaezy, Chief Digital Strategy & Business Development Officer, Providence, named as one of the Women to Watch in Health IT and Rising Stars in Health IT by Becker’s Hospital Review in 2020
- Suja Chandrasekaran, Senior Executive VP, Chief Information and Digital Officer, CommonSpirit, has driven technology and digital transformations across major consumer-driven companies
- Tania Elliott, Chief Medical Officer, Virtual Care, Ascension, is passionate about the quadruple aim, creating solutions to improve quality, efficiencies, access, and patient and care team experiences
AI’s Role in Bias and Equity (June 8, 11:10-11:30am EDT), looks at how AI can help with bias in our brains and how this needs to be integrated into our healthcare platforms. Hear from:
- Tom Lawry, National Director for AI, Health & Life Sciences, Microsoft, focuses on improving the effectiveness of health systems via technology balanced with personalized human touch
- Ron Wyatt, VP and Patient Safety Officer, MCIC, an expert on leadership, safety culture, safety event analysis, human factors in healthcare, patient experience, and health equity
Telehealth: Enabling Flexible, Inclusive and Contemporary Care Delivery
This year’s theme Telehealth: Enabling Flexible, Inclusive and Contemporary Care Delivery builds upon the lessons learned during the COVID-19 public health emergency, identifies the challenges and opportunities of today’s new realities, and convenes the individuals, organizations and decision-makers needed to cement the gains made to establish telehealth as a care modality in a modernized healthcare system.
GENERAL REGISTRATION: Early Bird rates are available through May 1. For more information or to register, please visit the ATA2021 website for details and easy online registration.
MEDIA REGISTRATION: Please contact Gina Cella at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the ATA
As the only organization completely focused on advancing telehealth, the American Telemedicine Association is committed to ensuring that everyone has access to safe, affordable, and appropriate care when and where they need it, enabling the system to do more good for more people. The ATA represents a broad and inclusive member network of leading healthcare delivery systems, academic institutions, technology solution providers and payers, as well as partner organizations and alliances, working to advance industry adoption of telehealth, promote responsible policy, advocate for government and market normalization, and provide education and resources to help integrate virtual care into emerging value-based delivery models. @americantelemed #telehealthishealth #ATApolicy
# # #