Start Making Plans for Upcoming ATA Signature Events: EDGE Policy Conference and ATA2022 Annual Conference and Expo
EDGE Policy Conference: December 6-8, 2021:
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
ATA Annual Conference: May 1-3, 2022:
CALL FOR PROPOSALS NOW OPEN
WASHINGTON, DC, SEPTEMBER 21, 2021 – The American Telemedicine Association (ATA) today announced plans for two of its upcoming signature events, as part of the organization’s observance of Telehealth Awareness Week.
ATA EDGE Policy Conference – December 6-8, The Watergate Hotel, Washington, DC
Telehealth at a Policy Tipping Point: Maintaining Public Policy Momentum
This year’s ATA EDGE Policy Conference is about finding the solutions and creating a path forward, as we brace for continued uncertainty in telehealth access, availability, and reimbursement in the year ahead. The EDGE agenda will explore:
- 50% of states passed telehealth bills this year, but why is it such a well-kept secret? What are the lessons learned and how might they apply to the federal government?
- Amid much regulatory and legislative uncertainty, what are the implications for telehealth?
- How can we create a two-channel, hybrid care delivery system, and establish the necessary framework to tackle some of the toughest issues, including diversity, equity and inclusion, extending care to vulnerable populations, and the roadblocks in legislation, regulation and infrastructure that must be overcome?
- Reading the political tea leaves, what will the federal telehealth climate look like by year-end – and how can we avoid the Telehealth Cliff? Headed into potentially strong headwinds in 2022, how do we maintain momentum for positive telehealth legislation at the state level?
EDGE Policy Conference: REGISTER HERE
ATA Annual Conference & Exhibition – May 1-3, 2022, Boston Convention & Exhibition Center
Now What? Creating Opportunity in a Time of Uncertainty
COVID-19 created an almost overnight shift in how care is delivered. The healthcare industry was not ready for such a seismic change, but telehealth quickly became the solution – a lifeline for people, no matter where they lived – to access needed healthcare services. Through this rapid transformation, hospital systems, solution providers, and clinicians began to create a hybrid delivery system of in-person and virtual care to best serve the needs of patients. But the pandemic also brought to light existing disparities in health care access and a gaping digital divide. So, now what?
ATA2022 Call for Participation
ATA2022 will showcase best practices and practical applications of virtual care technologies, as well as forward-thinking ideas, innovative approaches to solving healthcare challenges, and inspiring speakers. The ATA2022 program is being curated by a select Advisory Committee, together with the program team. Recommendations for session topics and speakers are now being accepted in the following areas:
- Speaker Nominations and Session Topics: General Program – Session topics for the ATA2022 general program should focus on real-world applications, best practices, and the practical insights and learnings that will help advance telehealth implementation. Nominations for forward-thinking, innovative speakers are also invited. Submit proposal for General Program.
- Research Presentations and Poster Session Abstracts: Research Track – This dedicated program track will focus on the data, evidence, and case studies driving innovation and building the foundation that will reshape the practice of healthcare. Submissions from clinicians, researchers, and innovators who are moving ideas to implementation are welcome. Submit proposal for Research Track.
ATA2022 deadline for submissions is October 29, 2021. SUBMIT NOMINATIONS HERE
Telehealth Awareness Week
The ATA is hosting the first-ever Telehealth Awareness Week, September 19-25, including a full schedule of special events each day this week. Visit the Telehealth Awareness Week Calendar for details and to register. Registration to all ATA Telehealth Awareness Week events is free and open to the public.
About the ATA
As the only organization completely focused on advancing telehealth, the American Telemedicine Association is committed to ensuring that everyone has access to safe, affordable, and appropriate care when and where they need it, enabling the system to do more good for more people. The ATA represents a broad and inclusive member network of leading healthcare delivery systems, academic institutions, technology solution providers and payers, as well as partner organizations and alliances, working to advance industry adoption of telehealth, promote responsible policy, advocate for government and market normalization, and provide education and resources to help integrate virtual care into emerging value-based delivery models. @americantelemed #telehealthishealth #ATApolicy
# # #