Groundbreaking Innovations In Telehealth and Virtual Care Recognized During ATA2022
Meet the ATA2022 Telehealth Innovators Challenge Winners
WASHINGTON, DC, JUNE 15, 2022 – The American Telemedicine Association (ATA) recognized multiple advances in telehealth service and technology during the first Telehealth Innovators Challenge held during the ATA2022 Annual Conference and Expo in Boston. The ATA Telehealth Innovators Challenge is an exclusive opportunity for virtual care visionaries to showcase their novel solutions in front of key stakeholders, investors and decision-makers driving the future of healthcare.
“Telehealth innovation, more than ever, is critical to helping advance virtual care solutions, to expand our ability to deliver quality care to more patients, including those in rural and underserved communities,” said Ann Mond Johnson, CEO of the ATA. “This year, we launched the ATA Telehealth Innovators Challenge to raise broader awareness and support for the latest digital health innovations that have the potential to help eliminate gaps in access to care.”
During ATA2022, nine innovators participated in a live pitch competition to showcase their novel solutions in front of a panel of expert judges, including leaders in healthcare and technology innovation. Awards were presented in three categories: In-patient Care Solutions, The Patient Experience and Tools That Deliver Care. The program also included a Judges’ Choice Award and a People’s Choice Award.
2022 ATA Telehealth Innovators Challenge Winners
- In-patient Care Solutions: Pulsenmore (https://pulsenmore.com/), developer of the Pulsenmore ES™, an at-home fetal ultrasound solution that can serve patients and caregivers in remote areas and is designed to improve clinical and operational efficiency, reduce in-clinic visits, and lower overall costs of care. Pulsenmore also won the People’s Choice Award.
- The Patient Experience: Stel Life (https://www.stel.life/), created a Bluetooth and Cellular Vitals Hub, with their patented passive pairing technology, to simplify health device connectivity for patients without Wi-Fi, smartphones, and tech-comfort, and clinicians that want data in their EHR or preferred care platforms. Stel Life also won the Judge’s Choice Award.
- Tools That Deliver Care: Biobeat (https://www.bio-beat.com/), for a system designed to transform data collection and decision support by automatically measuring 13 vital signs and transmitting results to a web application and EMR seamlessly and wirelessly.
“The Telehealth Innovators Challenge created an opportunity for our entire industry to learn about and celebrate many of the important advances in technology that can improve the quality of service to healthcare providers and the care received by patients,” said Samir Batra, CEO, Baha Enterprises and Startup Health Advisor, ATA. “The early-stage companies that participated in the Challenge represent organizations that are creating software-centric digital solutions to expand care to patients when and where they need it, helping to improve healthcare outcomes.”
The panel of expert judges for the ATA2022 Telehealth Innovators Challenge included:
- Amit Aysola, Wanxiang Healthcare Investments
- Samir Batra, BAHA Enterprises
- Chris Booker, Frist Cressey Ventures (FCV)
- Christine Brocato, Commonspirit Health
- Grant Chamberlain, Ziegler
- Adam Dakin, Dreamit Ventures
- Sheldon Elman, MD, Esplanade Ventures
- Gerald Harman, MD, AMA
- Jennifer Joe, MD, Vanguard Health
- Steve Lindseth, CU Healthcare Innovation Fund
- Santosh Mohan, Moffitt Cancer Center
- Neil Patel, Amazon Web Services Healthcare
- Rakesh Patel, MD, Invitae Digital Health
- Julia Monfrini Peev, Pace Healthcare Capital
- Deborah Scher, Business Accelerations
- Lee Shapiro, 7wire Ventures
- Sara Silacci, MGH Center for Innovation in Digital Healthcare
- Solome Tibebu, Going Digital: Behavioral Health Tech
- Elliott Wilson, CDW
- Emily Zhen, NEA
About the ATA
As the only organization completely focused on advancing telehealth, the American Telemedicine Association is committed to ensuring that everyone has access to safe, affordable, and appropriate care when and where they need it, enabling the system to do more good for more people. The ATA represents a broad and inclusive member network of leading healthcare delivery systems, academic institutions, technology solution providers and payers, as well as partner organizations and alliances, working to advance industry adoption of telehealth, promote responsible policy, advocate for government and market normalization, and provide education and resources to help integrate virtual care into emerging value-based delivery models. @americantelemed #telehealthishealth #ATApolicy
# # #