Peter Yellowlees, MD, MBBS Elected as President of American Telemedicine Association Board of Directors
American Telemedicine Association Announces New Officers and Members of Association Board of Directors
WASHINGTON – The American Telemedicine Association (ATA) elected Peter Yellowlees, MD, MBBS, as President of the Association’s Board of Directors. Dr. Yellowlees is internationally renowned in telemedicine and long distance health and education. He worked in Australia for twenty years prior to transitioning to UC Davis in Sacramento, California where he is Professor of Clinical Psychiatry in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences and Vice Chair of Faculty Development.
Dr. Yellowlees is joined by the following members of the Board’s executive committee:
- President-Elect, Andrew Watson, MD, MLitt, FACS, Vice President, Clinical Information Technology Transformation, International Division and Medical Director, Telemedicine, UPMC
- Vice President, Kristi Henderson, DNP, NP-BC, FAEN, Vice President, Virtual Care & Innovation, Seton Healthcare Family
- Secretary, John Glaser, PhD, Senior Vice President, Population Health, Cerner
- Treasurer, Alexis Gilroy, Partner, Jones Day
- Immediate Past President, LTG (Ret.) James Peake, MD, Senior Vice President, CGI Federal, Former U.S. Secretary of Veterans Affairs and former Surgeon General, United States Army
In addition, ATA announced the addition of two Directors to its Board. The newly elected board members are:
- Bart Demaerschalk, MD, MsC, Chair, Division of Cerebrovascular Diseases, Medical Director, Telemedicine, Mayo Clinic
- Christopher Northam, DNP, NP-BC, FAEN, Vice President, Telehealth, HCA
“As we sharpen our focus on improving the quality, equity and affordability of healthcare, we welcome the addition of these new officers and board members,” said Jonathan Linkous, CEO of ATA. “Their leadership and expertise across the industry will be invaluable as we move ATA’s mission forward.”
Other current at-large Board members include Grant Chamberlain; Naomi Fried, PhD; Randall S. Moore, MD, MBA; Laurie Poole, RN; and Robert Wah, MD.
About the American Telemedicine Association (ATA)
Established in 1993, ATA is a non-profit, membership-based association located in Washington DC. Comprised of a membership network of 500 organizations and more than 10,000 industry leaders and healthcare professionals, ATA is the leading telehealth association helping to transform healthcare by improving the quality, equity, and affordability of healthcare throughout the world. To learn more about ATA, visit https://www.americantelemed.org.