ATA Pacific Islands Chapter (PICATA)
The ATA Pacific Islands Chapter (PICATA) is an alliance of professionals with an interest in increasing the effectiveness of telemedicine in the Pacific Islands. The ATA Pacific Islands Chapter allows members to collaborate with each other, share ideas and experiences, and interface with one another utilizing the existing networks to enhance healthcare. The Chapter is a point of contact, resource, and advocate for the State of Hawaii in telemedicine and telehealth issues.
Shriners Hospitals for Children
Chief of Staff
Shriners Hospital for Children
The goals and mission of the Pacific Islands Chapter of ATA are:
- To promote the use of telemedicine in the Pacific Islands.
- To actively participate in and support the legislative processes that would impact positively the growth, development and the future of telemedicine.
- To serve as educators and facilitators in the education of the public and our medical colleagues on the subject of telemedicine.
- To support the mission and goals of the ATA at the state level.
- To represent and be an advocate for the Pacific Islands at the ATA meetings.
- To identify and bring together the “human components” of the telemedicine network. To be the “Hub” of telemedicine collaboration and interfacing in the Pacific Islands.