Business & Finance
The ATA Business and Finance SIG serve as a collaborative network resource for highlighting successful business and financial telehealth and telemedicine strategies which support the development of sustainable and viable programs, services and healthcare solutions.
The mission of the ATA Business and Finance SIG is to serve as a collaborative network resource for highlighting successful business and financial telehealth and telemedicine strategies which support the development of sustainable and viable programs, services and healthcare solutions. The ATA Business and Finance SIG will work with members to identify the value proposition of telehealth and telemedicine. This will be accomplished through:
- Sharing best practices for business models.
- Supporting the collaboration across organizations who have successfully launched telehealth and telemedicine programs and services.
- Promoting the inclusion of business and finance topics (as appropriate) for ATA sponsored conferences, events, and materials.
- Promoting participation in structured telehealth business and finance ATA-sponsored events as well as informal networking and information sharing among members,
- Recommending responses regarding proposed initiatives affecting telehealth business practices to the ATA board.
- Providing education on the business of telehealth, including funding, reimbursement, credentialing and licensing.
Corporate Director, Virtual Health
Foley & Lardner LLP
Assistant COO/Director of Telemedicine
Burn and Reconstructive Centers of America
(706) 863-9595 ext. 7507
Business and Finance Goals 2017-2018
- Serve as subject matter experts and reviewers for the online instructional course/series on how to launch a telehealth program
- Continue the Sizzle & Fizzle webinars that feature members who have started telehealth programs and obstacles faced and how they overcame the obstacles
Executive Committee Members
Kristine Erps, Associate Director of Administration, Arizona Telemedicine Program, Tucson, AZ; 520-626-2493, email@example.com
Nathaniel Lacktman, Partner, Foley & Lardner, LLP, Tampa, FL; 813-225-4127,firstname.lastname@example.org
Natasa Sokolovich, Executive Director, Telehealth; University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA; 412-864-2105, email@example.com
Sarah Sossong, Director, MGH Telehealth, Partners HealthCare, Boston, MA, 617-816-5614, firstname.lastname@example.org
Our monthly SIG calls are the second Wednesday of each month at 11:30 a.m. PST/2:30 p.m. EST and usually feature educational speakers or webinars on topics like forming public-private partnerships, telehealth reimbursement and private payers, legal considerations for telehealth startups, etc.