Virtual Nursing Now! Insights from the Front Lines
Virtual Nursing programs are transforming care delivery. By introducing access to remote nurses at the hospital bedside, health systems are enhancing patient safety, improving workflow efficiency, and reducing burnout for bedside teams as staffing shortages persist. The challenge is that implementing the hybrid care model represents a paradigm shift that requires a thoughtful approach to change management and technology adoption.
During this session, attendees learned what to anticipate when ramping up a Virtual Nursing program. Virtual care pioneer and Caregility CNO Wendy Deibert, EMBA, BSN, RN, will led a lively discussion with healthcare leaders from a cross-section of institutions at various stages in their Virtual Nursing journey as they share their experience, results, and lessons learned.
- How to get started with virtual nursing
- Unifying your bedside and virtual nursing workforce
- Unexpected benefits of virtual nursing programs
- Cost-justifying the investment in virtual nursing
- How virtual nurses impact patient experience
- Wendy Deibert, EMBA, BSN, RN, Chief Nursing Officer, Caregility
- Christine Coriell, MHA, BSN, RN-BC, Director of Nursing Operations, OhioHealth Resource Center
- Tracey Kopenhaver, MSN, RN, Operations Manager, Geisinger Inpatient Virtual Care
- Debra Marinari, DNP, RN, NE-BC, Associate VP, Hospital Operations, Mary Washington Healthcare